Join us and help Colorado kids become
Cavity Free At Three
The mission of Cavity Free at Three is to eliminate early childhood caries in Colorado’s children, helping them to grow up free of dental disease. To do so, the project is working to:
- Improve access to preventive dental care for children especially those most at risk for dental disease;
- Increase the number of children with dental homes starting at age one;
- Grow the Medicaid dental provider network in Colorado as a means for improving access to care;
- Engage primary care physicians and public health practitioners, to partner with dental providers, in preventing oral disease in children;
- Enhance parental knowledge about the importance of oral health care for their children;
- And, improve Colorado’s health policies so that oral health can be achieved by all children.
Cavity Free at Three began in 2007 as a training program for health care providers. It seeks to teach providers how to improve their outreach, education and service delivery to families with the goal of preventing dental disease early in life. We are committed to truly preventing oral disease in children thus ensuring that the next generation grows up with healthy mouths and bodies.
How you can participate
Cavity Free at Three is designed to help you, the healthcare provider, have all of the resources and support that you need to join our statewide efforts to improve the oral health outcomes for Colorado’s kids. This is a free service funded by six Colorado health foundations and in partnership with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing. Explore this site to see all of the free resources that are available to you including:
- On-site training, in the Cavity Free at Three program, for you and your staff.
- Downloadable parent education materials.
- Business planning for incorporating young children and/or Medicaid into your practice.
- Educational resources about early childhood caries for medical and dental providers.
- Technical assistance for becoming a Medicaid provider.
For questions, please call Karen Savoie, Director, Cavity Free at Three at 303-724-4750.